Dr. Manfred van Veghel started his professional career on Curacao, one of the islands in the Dutch Caribbean, where he completed his Ph.D. Thesis at the University of Amsterdam in 1994 and discovered his natural skills on the Management of Change. After working on several projects and programma’s, mostly as a Consultant or Project Manager he left the Caribbean after 10 years and started to work for ABN AMRO Bank as an IT Project Manager. About 10 years later and enriched with many projects and programmes he left the Bank as Vice-President and Programme Manager for the ABN AMRO Foundation.
Since 2008 he became one of the Managing Partners of Oppidum, a Dutch consultancy and training organisation, which has an innovative drive to evolve the field of Project Management. They have introduced several new best practices into the Dutch community, e.g. MSP®, PPS, NLP4PM. Next to providing consultancy, interim management and guidance to many large and small organisations, Manfred is also a skilled trainer. He is approved by the APMG organisation to train the Best Practices: PRINCE2®, MoP®, Agile PM®, Benefits Management™, MoV® and Programme and Project Sponsorship. Next to that, he is also providing training for IPMA certification. Recently he has become the first Green Project Management (GPM®) in The Netherlands. By introducing sustainability to the field of Project Management he is making yet another contribution to this evolving profession.
One of his specialties is soft skills in the field of Project Management. On regular basis he is hosting workshop on Organisational Constellations, a systemic approach that is focusing on the energy flows within an organisation. But also NLP and TA for Project Management are areas in which he is familiar.
Recent relevant articles written
• Seminar Project Management Best Practices – Curacao July 2009
• Schakel tussen arm en rijk – Projectie 2008-06
• Business as usual vanuit Systemisch Perspectief – 14de BPUG seminar 2011
• Verandermanagement: Business as Usual – 14de BPUG seminar 2011
• Seminar Project Management Best Practices – Curacao October 2011
• Boekbespreking NLP4PM Peter Parkes – Projectie 2011-05
• PRINCE2 en Scrum: Hand in Hand – Projectie 2011-06 Seminar Project Management Best Practices – Europahuis Aruba 2012
• Star Coral: Gametogenesis and Spawning Behavior
• Star Coral: Fecundity and Colony Structure
• Star Coral: Reproduction in Damaged and Regeneration Colonies
• Multiple Species Spawning on Curacao Reefs